Monday, February 21, 2011

Leadership Portfolio Month 2: Project and Team Management

LP assignment: Create and develop a project proposal for golf course charity event w/group

I was assigned to a group (we named our company “Unity Events”) made up of three members and together we were responsible for developing a project proposal for a charity event located at Sand Trap Country Club. My group divided components (technical, management and cost section) of the proposal that we each would be responsible for and we alternated holding the position of Project Manager at the beginning of each week. Not only did I learn how to put a solid project proposal together, but I also learned how to be an effective leader and team player. I took slack and provided help when needed. I learned the importance of understanding the work habits of others and how I could mesh my style with that to make a winning team. This was an overall great experience in terms of strengthen my people and staff development traits.

Logo designed by Vineeth Kalva

No comments:

Post a Comment