Monday, February 21, 2011

Leadership Portfolio Month 6: Product and Artist Managment

LP Assignment: Interview an artist manager 






I interviewed a producer manager by the name of Sarah J. She is the founder of SubUrban Entertainment, LLC and PMPWorldwide.com. She is a well-connected, industry savvy professional who shops projects for producers of all levels (new and established). Producers need managers too and getting an interview with Sarah J was my way of exposing myself to the fact that there are different areas to artist management. It is not always the typical singer/rapper and manager relationship. Sarah J helped me understand some key points in a management contract like: exclusivity, commission, and to always have a contract in black and white (hard copy). I also learned to be fully committed in my interest or passion, have paperwork as precise as possible, constantly network and stay ahead of trends.

No comments:

Post a Comment